The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/bates-probably-did-kill-his-nasty-first-wife-30515666.aspx

Subject:  Re: Downton Arby Date:  1/30/2013  2:28 PM
Author:  buffalogal100 Number:  669232 of 757465

Bates: probably did kill his nasty first wife.

Was discussing D.A. with a couple of gals on FB. I asked if anyone thought the Bates issue was getting stale. A U.K. gal piped in that over there, they're episodes ahead of us. She said it gets better and better. Well, that was an enticement to keep watching though at this point, I don't give a hoot. It's something to watch on Sunday nights besides Gator Boys, endless reruns of Pretty Woman, and repeat episodes of Pawn Stars. If Mary Crawley were an inanimate object, I'd call her a chip off a glacier. Maggie Smith is stellar in anything she does but one lousy movie taking liberties with the life of Jane Austen.

Funny that there are so many social justice overtones in D.A. Staff were merely disposable chattel in the real world, but the modern Brits like to give the tarnished silver a little polish and there you go.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us