The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-thoughts-on-downton-lord-grantham-a-dope-and-30515810.aspx

Subject:  Re: Downton Arby Date:  1/30/2013  3:18 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  669256 of 749005

My thoughts on Downton
Lord Grantham: a dope, and a good example of why the Empire collapsed.
Lady Grantham: even good ole American DNA couldn't bring back strong chins in 350 years of Crawley inbreeding.
Lady Mary Crawley: icy, high maintenance, looks good in Edwardian dress.
Lady Edith Crawley: reminds me of Marla in A League of Their Own.
Lady Sybil Crawley: another reason not to marry chauffeurs.
Dowager Countess of Grantham: the reason the empire achieved world dominance.
Matthew Crawley: blown up in the war, but still in the game.
Isobel Crawley: no Mother Theresa but doing her best.
Carson: wish my butler was half as good.
Mrs. Hughes: thank goodness the cancer didn't get her, will marry Carson eventually.
Bates: probably did kill his nasty first wife.
Anna Bates: sweet, but should keep an eye open with Bates, she can always kick him in the bad leg if she needs to get away quickly.
Sarah O'Brien: cold hearted, steely, vindictive witch, made Lady Grantham loose her baby.
Barrow: it's best the young footmen don't drop the soap.
Mrs Patmore: my kind of cook, can make a 12 course meal for 40, out of 2 dead pheasants, clotted cream, and a head of turned cabbage.
mcb

----------------------------

That was an absolute hoot! I'm going to borrow it and paste it to my facebook if you don't mind. My wife is a huge Downton Abbey fan and she will love it! Did you write it? Oh well, nevermind I will say that you did. It's the internet after all so who the hell knows who wrote anything we read?

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us