The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotyes-they-happen-but-the-difference-is-that-30515902.aspx

Subject:  Re: What Libs Think Will Happen With Gun Control Date:  1/30/2013  3:55 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  669272 of 749255

"Yes they happen, but the difference is that a "Road To Damascus" experience came from God. The Bible warns about the other kooky stuff. Hell, LSD will give you an experience you never thought possible and you will see walls move and breath and you will not just have a holy graph experience, but will see a holy graph in front of your eyes. Does that make it real? Yes, in your mind. Does that make it from God? No."- Josh
----------------

LOL! I'm sorry. I don't believe in the boogeyman. I'm glad that you have found a faith that sustains you though. I don't think what we believe is all that far apart. At least we are both believers.

I believe that everything happens for a reason, even the bad stuff. When people have life changing mystical and transcendental experiences it changes them. The Creator has his own agenda and I believe it has something to do with the education of the soul. I have a pretty strong belief that the reason we are here is the "Earth life as a school" theory.

I reiterate, I believe it happens because it is supposed to happen.

No boogeymens. Just people going about their daily lives trying to figure it out.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us