The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wolve-one-time-i-did-taxwe-for-one-fellow-about-30517117.aspx

Subject:  Re: Japan: Welfare Cut To Root Out Comfortably P Date:  1/31/2013  9:42 AM
Author:  MetalDecathlete Number:  669479 of 749316

wolve
One time I did taxwe for one fellow about 28. When I told him about the amount of EIC he was going to get he replied "Is that all?" I told him that not only was he getting all of the money withheld in his taxes, but $2500 of his neighbor's money too. I asked him how much was enough. I got counselled over that one.

<grin>

Ya, we can't be making people feel guilty at all for scamming the system. It's an entitlement afterall.

I did my fair share of sitting down with people like this when I did volunteer financial counseling for 6 years at an inner city church we attended at the time.

Let's just say I was regularly disqusted by what people were allowed to pull off.

That's why I have little compassion for the vast majority of poor people and the indigent. If you can't figure out how to succeed in American, you are either truly mentally challenged, a crook or just a lazy a$$ SOB.

Metal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us