The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-sorry-but-yuck-no-way-do-i-want-to-live-in-30518121.aspx

Subject:  Re: Business Week Citizens Moving Graphic Date:  1/31/2013  4:27 PM
Author:  TheBaronAndrew Number:  669577 of 753346

I'm sorry but YUCK! NO way do I want to live in Washington D.C. It's a great place to go on a little vacation but then it's time to leave. And if you still have some vacation time left go to the Outer Banks of North Carolina which is a great place to vacation.

I've been to D.C. several times. Linda lived and worked there for a while. We went all over the place when we visited her. And I've been there a few times with Bonnie when she was in meetings there. I liked staying there for a few days but no way do I want to live there. Sorry, but no thanks.

Art

For a diehard urbanist like me, Washington DC has some great neighborhoods. And excellent mass transit. Their subway system is phenomenal -- better than Chicago's, IMO. I'd live in a neighborhood like Dupont Circle in a heartbeat. It is very expensive, though.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us