The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks M / MAKO Surgical Corp.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/absolutely-we-are-on-the-same-page-i-appreciate-30519686.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hospitals beginning to tout research results Date:  2/1/2013  1:21 PM
Author:  gatorswamp Number:  728 of 1416

Absolutely, we are on the same page.
I appreciate you pulling the news feeds for us, the publicity truly is what we need.
I just want to make sure that our fellow investors here are critical of the "literature". It is very important to be so in medicine.

When a speaker is compensated for a presentation, they recieve some funds, and often even slides which are very fancy and created by the company. I don't know that in this case, but this is common.

I also have had (not now) consulting relationships but they were related to going and teaching other surgeons techniques. The paid talk circuit needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I went to a course one time to learn the placement of a new device, and the day was organized by their hired gun, a very good surgeon and also now a freind. Funny, a year later, a competing company was rolling out a competing device that does exactly the same thing and required attendance of a training course. I went and the SAME GUY was doing the other one too! Which set of slides am I supposed to beieve!

Articles citing "new