The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks M / MAKO Surgical Corp.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-went-and-the-same-guy-was-doing-the-other-one-30519807.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hospitals beginning to tout research results Date:  2/1/2013  2:04 PM
Author:  captainccs Number:  730 of 1416

I went and the SAME GUY was doing the other one too! Which set of slides am I supposed to beieve!

A good salesman can sell anything. In school I used to take the opposing side in any ongoing theist-atheist discussion. I didn't hold either view but I loved the debate. LOL

Articles citing "new reports" from a hospital website and touting the local practice, when there have not been new reports published in a year, need to be taken with a grain of salt. It is an advertisement. For once I guess I disagree with Denny!

I did not verify whether the information presented was accurate or not, I took it at face value. I'm glad we have Fools here who know how to do research on medical papers. ;)

I don't want readers here to leave with an impression that there has been any type of long term superiority proven for this robot. That does not mean it ISN'T superior, it just means it is not proven. Right now it is new, expensive, a good idea, and perhaps it is better also, but we don't know that.

My point was that "proven superiority for this robot" is not necessarily the determinant issue in the prosperity of MAKO, the company; MAKOplasty, the surgery; and MAKO, the stock.

Denny Schlesinger
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us