The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotpolicequot-maybe-i-am-in-an-area-that-is-30520639.aspx

Subject:  Re: Jan. Sales Date:  2/1/2013  9:38 PM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  17392 of 18089

"Police"? Maybe I am in an area that is the exception rather than the rule, but gov. budgets plummeting, nobody to pay (Oregon UE exceeds most other states, and Underemployment is pushing 20% by some accounts)excess taxes, and over two years of urban jurisdictions slashing everything including Police just cant keep up. perhaps I am out of ordinary observation but my slim anecdotal data says you are dreaming here. -- SkepikI

It's true budgets are tighter now than usual, but vehicles wear and get replaced even under these circumstances. Yes, volumes are lower now, but Ford's share of the reduced volumes is dramatically less than before... which is worrisome. In time, volumes will return. Market share may be harder to recover.

As to whether I'm nuts (not your word), my Sweetie re-affirmed to me a minute ago that everybody knows that I'm crazy. ;)

Rob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us