The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotok-art-i-get-that-this-is-just-a-snippet-30520672.aspx

Subject:  Re: New NDE Study results Date:  2/1/2013  10:08 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  669796 of 726237

"OK Art, I get that this is just a snippet of the study, so I have to wait for more details on the findings. I do wonder, however, if God is just allowing people into the foyer, so to speak, with these NDEs and the real adventure begins once the decision is made for you not to go back?" - wolverine
----------------

I think that is exactly what is going on. It would be like judging a hotel by the foyer and check in area. You don't really know what the rooms are like till you get your key and go up to your room. <grin!>

It's enough for me right now to get a glimpse and know that this life is not all there is. I think that's pretty amazing in itself. Who knew?

It completely changed the way that I think about life. I was more like Tele, maybe not so angry, but I pretty much believed in nothing. It wasn't that I labeled myself an atheist so much as I had no faith. I had no faith in anything. Life just seemed like so much suffering then you died.

When I was young it was great fun and I didn't worry about it too much because I felt great and I lived a sort of existentialist existence, hunting and fishing, riding bikes, snorkeling and diving and spearfishing, swimming at the pool. That was the only meaning I had in life was how much fun could I have.

But waking up one day with pain in my hips, pain that didn't seem to go away, caused me to re-examine my life. I was in my mid 40's and instead of being big and muscly I was sore and achey and I started hobbling around. In fact I think that might have been one of the main reasons my boss laid me off. She could see the handwriting on the wall. The pain just got progressively worse and spread to other parts of my body.

And then the internet came out and I stumbled upon a site about life after death and there was a link to NDE's and also the holographic universe theory and it didn't take me long to put 2 + 2 together and see the connection. I kept wondering how this was possible and what did it mean? Why do these people who claim to have died and seen something describe their experiences in terms that sound so much like what Michael Talbot wrote about in his book? Why do they say such "holographic" things, talking about oneness and connectedness, feeling like they are everywhere at once, feeling the emotions and thoughts of the people they interacted during their life review.

It was very weird. And the more I learned about it the more amazing it became. If I wasn't tired of typing I could say a whole lot more. Suffice it to say, something very strange is going on.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us