The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/charlie-i-didnt-mean-to-imply-that-investors-30521693.aspx

Subject:  Re: MBIA Bonds? Date:  2/2/2013  6:22 PM
Author:  howardgt Number:  34750 of 35362

Charlie,

I didn’t mean to imply that investors should buy MBIA bonds. It was just a related news item that I thought might interest some readers, so I appended to the MBIA thread. Also, as you know MBIA does not have to do well for the bonds to pay off… They just have to survive. If the company was doing well, then the bonds would NOT be selling in the 70’s.

As far as the market crashing is concerned, I have no idea if or when this will occur. But if it does happen, I’m sure it will recover it time. So I just try to buy long term value type investments that I can hold and add to if and when a down market does occur. John Templeton used to say he had no clue if the market would go up or down. He just searched for relative bargains. And if John Templeton couldn’t figure it out, I sure can’t. I try to emulate his strategy.

Howard
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us