The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/howard-the-stumble-into-your-avaya-position-was-30522719.aspx

Subject:  Re: Williams Clayton’s 7.75’s of  Date:  2/3/2013  4:36 PM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34754 of 35400

howard.

the stumble into your avaya position was rather entertaining to say the least.

i should amplify the fact that i do not advocate nor implement a buy and hold strategy unless special circumstances exist like with texas industries.

i have made several round trips into avaya notes in the last couple years; actually three if you count my current position. you are correct; their financials are a mess and the ipo getting put off is a potential disaster to the say the least.

my entry points into avaya each time was based on a scalping methodology algo that i have programmed. the neat thing about bond price action is that buys and sells are extremely transparent so you can really get a clear gauge of liquidity along with supply and demand both on the buy and sell side if you have the proper analytical tools.

so each time i put a position on with avaya was when i was alerted by my algo to do so, but basically for a scalp. i am pretty much looking to exit my current holding in avaya, once this latest leg loses some steam. currently as you know, there is a good sized bid here for avaya notes in the $95 handle. a 5% discount to par is the highest these bonds have traded for quite along time now.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us