The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-asked-about-osteoporosis-and-he-said-i-better-30523751.aspx

Subject:  Re: Medicare SUCKS!!! Date:  2/4/2013  12:51 PM
Author:  buffalogal100 Number:  670045 of 726163

I asked about osteoporosis and he said I better find an endocrinologist now because I won't be able to after I hit Medicare.

Now is the time to find an endocrinologist, I think. My primary physician takes our plan and so does my endo and cardio.

DH and I got supplemental plans w/Part D. Personally, and knowing our government, I wouldn't depend solely on Tricare as a secondary to Medicare. My head swam when I got the Tricare booklet. DH kind of scanned through it - it's so wordy, that it's a maze of sentences. As in most things in life, we just bit the bullet for simplicity's sake and got the supplemental. It's affordable for us - a necessity. We still have to research and purchase dental insurance. You'd have thought we'd have prepped ourselves for this eventuality, but it crept up and kicked us in the shins so to speak. To conclude, my first doctor appointment under our plan cost me zilch, zip. There was no co-pay at all. For antibiotics, I paid 5.00. Recently had to call Tricare re med reimbursement for a prescrip I got last year. It wasn't on their formulary list so they took away a portion of the money I'd paid when before that, I was given all the money back. They're changing, too.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us