The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: IRA/Roth IRA conversion question: Date:  2/4/2013  6:37 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  117631 of 127549

However, as far as I know you can't make contributions to the Trad IRA and be in a 401K at the same time.

That is not correct. If you are working, you can always contribute to a traditional IRA. You might not be able to deduct the contribution, but you can always make it.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us