The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Value Hounds

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/other-large-unconventional-reservoirs-of-natural-30525474.aspx

Subject:  Re: Nat Gas Turnaround Timeline Date:  2/5/2013  11:09 AM
Author:  rjf53 Number:  13354 of 25329

Other large unconventional reservoirs of natural gas will be discovered - which will in the short-term devastate the pure natural gas plays.

Well maybe, but one needs to remember that even if the 2023 prediction were to play out the big boys have a time horizon that stretches that far beyond that and for planning purposes need to act much sooner. i.e. it didn’t prevent XTO shareholders from making out from XOM’s purchase a few years back, or more recently Celtic this past year. In addition, to name a couple, Painted Pony and Tourlamine have done just fine presumably based on their location with respect to projects that are many years down the road.

- I'm a bigger fan of finding a favorable mix in companies that are on the path to cashflow through oil production but are sitting on a gold mine of natural gas - that is if the natural gas prices raise above $4 or more.

This remains my favorite choice as well, excepting non North American plays that already command high prices, except in most cases absent a oil hedging strategy as aggressive as SD’s many of these companies will just find themselves in a double dose of doodoo if oil prices were to roll over.

SD if Tom gets kicked out.

I still doubt this is in the cards.

Any ideas what’s behind the last 3 days of crappy performance with the share price? Dang thing is tempting me again despite everything I’ve had to say on the subject.

Once an addict always an addict I guess. :<)

B
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us