The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/but-i-kept-having-visions-of-snazzy-new-30525489.aspx

Subject:  Re: BEVs have lost their luster... Date:  2/5/2013  11:16 AM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  17398 of 18153

But I kept having visions of snazzy new technology failing as I used it. Like the cool door handles that power out when you touch them...what happens when that motor or sensor or circuit goes? Break a window? Replacement parts? ummm $550? more ??? who could I trust to work on them, certainly not me. -- SkepikI

My comment here is getting off topic, but....

Today I got a letter from Ford saying:

* New software for MyFord Touch.
* Extended warranty on the "Accessory Protocol Interface Module" which runs MyFord Touch.

This just reinforces my determination to sell my Edge before my extended warranty runs out. If I have a module blow (had one failure in 55k miles so far), it'll probably cost out the wazoo.... and sometimes a module failure is a big deal. It was a problem last time since I lost a lot of HVAC functionality as well as all screen function until it was replaced.

Cool stuff is....um .... cool.... but you can't fix it yourself and it's expensive.

Rob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us