The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks D / Disney

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/very-impressive-fuskie-thank-you-for-this-it-is-30527060.aspx

Subject:  Re: 1Q13 Earnings Conference Call Transcript Date:  2/6/2013  12:19 AM
Author:  esxokm Number:  48392 of 49678

Very impressive, Fuskie, thank you for this. It is a great reference for shareholders.

I don't think this was mentioned in the transcript, but, in terms of Star Wars, since we know Marvel will most likely take over the comic-book end of that business from the current license owner (is it Dark Horse?), can we assume that another of Disney's divisions will do something with the property? I was mostly thinking of Pixar doing a movie version set in the universe (not the Clone Wars universe). Pixar could team up with Lucasfilm to make it. Obviously there are endless ideas, but I was thinking of something to do with the Mos Eisley cantina.

And what about Indiana Jones? Is Lucasfilm free to make more of those films, or is the distribution locked up by Paramount?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us