The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/aside-from-washer-overflow-theres-also-the-30527277.aspx

Subject:  Re: Preparing for Sale Date:  2/6/2013  8:42 AM
Author:  2gifts Number:  124683 of 127801

Aside from washer overflow, there's also the possibility of a hose failing. I know people who have upstairs laundry who turn off their washer inlets whenever it is not in use due to concern about this happening.

My laundry is on the first floor, and I still turn off the water after every use because it would flood the basement. My mother's laundry was in the basement, and she also always turned off the water. It's just a good habit as things can go wrong, and usually at the worst time. I even opted for one of those fancy valves that turn off both the hot and cold water with one flip of the valve to make it easier.

I had a first floor laundry in the last house as well, and the hose came loose out of the drain pipe while I was doing laundry one day. It flooded part of the first floor and a good portion of the basement, so things can go wrong at any time. I just like to prevent the ones that I can, especially when it is so easy to take precautions in some cases.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us