The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Buying or Selling a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/has-a-door-to-the-hallway-as-well-good-point-30527940.aspx

Subject:  Re: Preparing for Sale Date:  2/6/2013  1:31 PM
Author:  Retrograde Number:  124687 of 127677

Has a door to the hallway as well. Good point about others being able to access laundry, not that it seems to matter in this house.

If I have houseguests I wouldn't want them having to use the laundry in the master bath. And what do they do in the middle of the night when there's a laundry emergency (kid barfed on blanket, etc.).

If I was doing laundry I wouldn't want the room to be a bathroom where you have to deal with humidity from the shower and smells from the toilet.

If I bought a house like that I'd consider it a negative for the house value & resale. I'd immediately look towards moving the laundry to the basement if nothing else. Then we could use room in the bath better and have a hanging bar & storage in the laundry area.

Perhaps you could make sure there are laundry hookups somewhere else in the house for prospective buyers who also dislike this idea. To me I would take off $5-8k from what I would pay for that house.

You could also ask local realtors what that sort of configuration does for a house that size in you area.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us