The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/yepper-that-is-how-my-wifes-cousin-died-about-a-30528419.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Craziest Things Happen to Me Date:  2/6/2013  4:03 PM
Author:  MetalDecathlete Number:  670366 of 749401

Yepper, that is how my wife's cousin died about a year ago. He was about the same age as you. Really into taking care of himself, exercise, the whole nine years. Got smacked by a pickup truck and died. I think he was 49 or 50 years old. Left a wife and 5 kids. He as also very religious like you.

Art

I'm not a road biker in general. I find it boring compared to the other things I do. I used to do trail running at 5-7 miles at a time. That was fun. Once I discovered that, I never ran on roads again. Plus, I got hit twice at intersections while running. Both times were by someone not watching for pedestrians crossing.

In both incidences, I saw it out of the corner of my eye and jumped up. One time I landed on the hood with my feet. The other time the bumper clipped my calves and I landed hard on the hood. I dented the cars hoods when I hit and was uninjured in both cases.

The time I landed on my feet, I just kept running. When I landed on my butt, I was a little shook up. The lady apologized as I checked myself out. I was ok and said "later" and took off.

Metal
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us