The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/howard-have-definitely-seen-worse-spreads-than-30529449.aspx

Subject:  Re: Williams Clayton’s 7.75’s of  Date:  2/7/2013  8:41 AM
Author:  altstrat91 Number:  34760 of 35367

Howard,

have definitely seen worse spreads than with avaya corps. on a good day, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5% or so. but my objective is to capture double digit moves when order flow has been exhausted in one direction.

your observation on latency with respect to some corps and relevant news is accurate and something that i also have been doing for quite a bit now; especially when it comes to earnings; Kemet was a very recent example of this actually.

on my algo, i am old school, so it was constructed from scratch by me. ( i have a masters degree in computer science) took along time to tweak and test it, but have been content with results so far. keep in mind its not like i am getting signals on a daily or weekly basis, but when it comes in, its something to legitimately jump on.

i have been following the whole DEXO situation. i have a small position in one of my retirement accounts. but nothing that i would trade in size with my regular trading account.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us