The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks D / Disney

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-is-a-nonsensical-metric-because-it-ignores-30532706.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another Video Game Failure Date:  2/8/2013  4:47 PM
Author:  MoeBruin Number:  48402 of 49534

This is a nonsensical metric, because it ignores changes in company size and capital structure. A four person simple proprietorship is going to be very different than a 400,000 person corporation with a lot of debt. Which isn't to say that I don't think most executives are overpaid versus the value that they bring, but this metric is not why.

Yes its nonsensical that the guys who were running companies and built IBM into a giant, oil companies into giants, made General Electric a monster and all those other corperations definitely deserved less then today's CEOs.

I mean yes lets just look at the results of these CEOs. Stock Market: worse 13 years in its history.

Look at Apple with and without Steve Jobs. Was he only worth 20 times the salary of the average employee to it?

I think Steve Jobs made millions as an owner and of course you can always throw out odd names.

Did Eisner deserve any money let alone tens of millions for what he did the last 7 years at Disney (drove stock down 50% during the biggest bull in history).

Moe
PS Hope you are an owner and not a worker
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us