The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-dont-think-any-have-hit-the-road-yet-theyve-30532795.aspx

Subject:  Re: HA!!!! Date:  2/8/2013  5:27 PM
Author:  TMFBreakerRob Number:  17403 of 18109

I don't think any have hit the road yet.

They've been saying that they're working to ensure great panel fits, but that doesn't make sense to me.

The key to great fits is proper design, which includes having only *one* way for things to fit together. It's possible to have some adjustability in some body panels, but the interior panels only go together one way.... with no adjustment. If there is an error that they want to fix, they have to change the tools and make new parts. I'm sure there was some of that, but all the changes should have been done long ago.

Assuming the leak issue is true, that might be hard to fix. I'd have to still be there to understand the full scope of the issue and how it is being addressed..... but then I wouldn't feel free to be commenting on it here. ;) You could change sheet metal (very expensive and takes a long time), change the glass (expensive, but should be faster) or change the seals (a variable cross section seal to bridge a non-standard gap would be cheap and fast..... but I wouldn't think it would be a very robust type of fix). So, unless there is a total fiasco, I'd *guess* they'll change the curvature of the glass.

That's assuming it isn't an issue with noise (which was one of my concerns). If it's noise, that would be very difficult to fix.... maybe not even possible.

Rob
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us