The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: simple tax question Date:  2/9/2013  12:16 PM
Author:  carsnbikes Number:  117707 of 127637

I guess I have another question too. Let me know if this isn't the right board. I sold stock for a loss that in an IRA account and I want to sell some shares for profit that are in a taxable account. Can I use the loss to offset the gain when the loss is in an IRA account?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us