The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quothey-artie-i-just-noticed-the-balloons-30535166.aspx

Subject:  Re: Vancouver 3 Date:  2/10/2013  4:43 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  671051 of 753720

"Hey Artie, I just noticed the balloons indicating another you made yet another tick down the T axis of the 3D+T hologram. Happy Fooliversary. May your day be filled with joy and some bacon." - Bighairymike
---------------

Thanks. I actually do have a new 1 lb package of bacon in the fridge. Also have 5 big beautiful hot house tomatoes sitting by the window in the kitchen. Only a little bit of lettuce left but enough to make a nice BLT? Maybe I'll splurge and make a couple of nice juicy messy BLT's for dinner tonight. The only thing that is on TV tonight is Downton Abbey.

My wife has a dinner meeting tonight with a prospective candidate for a new person in her department. I didn't want to go for a several reasons. #1. I'd dominate the conversation and they wouldn't be able to talk about work. #2. It would probably be boring. #3. A big juicy homemade BLT is way better than what I'd get if I went out to eat. #4. It would be cheaper to stay home and eat. #5. It's way more comfortable to lounge around in my sweats and a T-shirt than having to get dressed up and go out to eat. #6. The weather is nasty and it's raining and cold.

The balloons means it has been 13 years since I joined this board. I was 47 years old when I first started posting. Hard to believe I'm entering senior-hood. 47 seems so young now. We think of 47 as middle aged but it really isn't? Not too many people live to be 94 years old.

I think I was 50% or halfway through my life when I was about ~ 38 years old. Almost all my relatives were dead by age 76. I figure I'm working on the last quarter now. I figure I started the last quarter when I turned 57. The winter of my life. I'll let you know how it goes.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us