The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks D / Disney

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-also-vote-against-exective-pay-i-also-think-a-30535235.aspx

Subject:  Re: Proxies out Date:  2/10/2013  5:45 PM
Author:  MoeBruin Number:  48406 of 49467

I also vote against exective pay.

I also think a big reason they don't vote no ever because they don't care. One of the big reasons the executive pay thing has run out of control is because executives are not really had very accountable. The only people they are really accountable to is the rest of the Board of Directors which is mostly made up of other executives (Good Ol Boys and Girls club if there ever was one).

Why should Vanguard for example care? If they don't like the way Disney is run its much easier for a mutual fund or a group of mutual funds to just sell the stock versus try to get it changed to be run better.

Which is the root of the problem being most stock is run by institutions and mutual funds very few companies have stock really owned by people who own the stock. The small guys who do are way too small to have any meaningful say. So this is a case where the systems of checks and balances got broken and thus it is out of control.

Moe
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us