The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-afraid-the-time-has-come-to-require-people-to-30535310.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dick Cheney: Incompetent War Fighter Date:  2/10/2013  6:54 PM
Author:  PosFCF Number:  1858857 of 1967406

I'm afraid the time has come to require people to demonstrate that they can reason before they can vote or serve on a jury. I know it's awful to contemplate but we have to have some minimum standards of sanity.

Sorry, this American disagrees with you on this point. This country has grown because of the inclusions in the voting process, not because of its exclusions. We got stronger when we included women in those with the right to vote & stronger when we extended the voting protections to all minorities. We are stronger because of our diversity, not because of our group think.

I insist that I have every right to be wrong about some issue and, as an American, still have the right to cast my ballot during elections. Why would I agree to take that right away from another American.....no matter my opinions of their opinion?

Poz
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us