The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Industry Discussions / Real Estate Inv. Trusts: REITs

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/itangel-o-and-mnr-may-be-good-choices-but-i-30535415.aspx

Subject:  Re: a few good reits Date:  2/10/2013  8:44 PM
Author:  Reitnut Number:  73666 of 76766

Itangel, O and MNR may be good choices, but I don't follow them actively. You might want to review some of the O and MNR threads on this board.

I like KIM, despite the problems it had (including a dividend cut and excessive leverage) during the Great Depression. They are slowly but steadily selling off their non-core, non-retail assets, improving their asset quality and their balance sheet. SS NOI growth has been pretty good. They are dividend-friendly.

It's difficult finding really solid equity REITs, with good balance sheets, that pay a dividend yield of over 4% these days (and where they are not overpaying their dividend).

Besides KIM, you might take a look at HCN, HCP (both healthcare), HIW (suburban office), BMR (life science) and, of course, ROIC (strip centers), all of which yield over 4%, have solid balance sheets, and good to excellent management teams. I own all of these except for HCP, so I do have confidence in them.

Happy hunting!

Ralph
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us