The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: Deception in Solar Industry||Date: 2/10/2013 11:35 PM|
|Author: whyohwhyoh||Number: 671075 of 774004|
Not factoring the hazardous waste transport into solar's carbon footprint is an obvious oversight, analysts said.
I wonder if they also include things like....
- gas used in contractors trucks to install panels.
- carbon footprint of the solar panel racking hardware factory, flashing mount factory, conduit factory, wiring factory, distribution panel factory, inverter factory,...
- carbon footprint for contractors that deal with roof leaks from solar panel installs.
- carbon footprint of replacing water damaged property from panel related roof leaks.
- carbon footprint of uninstalling and reinstalling solar panels for standard roof replacement work (like after hail storm, wind storm, or just standard roof maintenance)
- carbon footprint of solar panel maintenance...
-- carbon footprint of...
|Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|