The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/pinewood-derby-30535833.aspx

Subject:  Pinewood Derby Date:  2/11/2013  8:32 AM
Author:  Colovion Number:  671089 of 740904

The event went well. Other than the pizza showing up late (the delivery guy went to the wrong location) and a snafu with one of the heats (the guy loading the cars into the lanes put one into the wrong lane, causing the time not to register in the computer program and skewing the results for that entire den's race) there were no problems. My son's car finished fourth (out of five) in his den, which isn't terrible since one of the boys in his den was the overall pack champion (his brother, a Weblos, came in third overall... and his father is the den leader for the Tigers so he has a bit of experience with building fast derby cars!) so I wasn't too upset. My son was upset he didn't get a medal (since he didn't place) but he did get a ribbon for "Best Scout Theme" so after the initial resentment wore off he was happy.

I have to get reimbursed for the pizza (I paid for it all, so the treasurer will cut me a check to cover the cost). Small price to pay for a bunch of happy boys! All of the cars were great. Some went for speed, other style. For some dens only three boys showed up so everyone got medals. It was a good day!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us