The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Foreign Student Questions Date:  2/11/2013  12:16 PM
Author:  RoadScholar5 Number:  8018 of 8483

A friend of mine moved to the US from a foreign country for two reasons. One, to take a new job and two, to pave the way for his very gifted young teen to attend university in the US.

I recall foreign students arriving in the US on a foreign student visa, but he indicates that his permanent residency here will make it easier for her to qualify for special scholarships, etc.

I am curious as to the general thoughts on this topic..I am not sure what having a parent here in the US will do a foreign student above and beyond any other foreign student - maybe in-state tuition - assuming she would attend a public university?

Not sure, curious as to any comments on this topic.

THanks, RS
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us