The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-should-email-that-to-my-3rd-grade-sons-teacher-30540862.aspx

Subject:  Re: Union's Job To Encourage Unrest, Discontent Date:  2/13/2013  4:44 PM
Author:  fancifree Number:  671445 of 726165

I should email that to my 3rd grade son's teacher. I doubt she would agree.

Due to lack of information in a recent email from my son's teacher, he was under the impression that a new assignment (that will be done in future on a bi-weekly basis) regarding a current event was due the following day.

We looked through the local newspaper to find an article for him to use and present to class. The article that caught his eye was about Tampa Vietnam Vets who were pleased with Hagel being nominated for Defense Secretary. The article was more human interest than anything and that was the article we used.

After his presentation (and again, due to lack of info from teacher his current event was done several days early) I asked him how it went. He stated his teacher said he did a good job, but that it was a bit political.

Well, more information had been relayed by this time about the current event assignments, and we have used the Children's Science News for subsequent ones.

THEN, last week he came home with a reading assignment. Just a 2 page printed paper....a story to read and questions to answer about the story. The story was about guest workers in the United States and how they long to join a union because the unions will be so wonderful for them. On and on, about unions and the good of unions. Nothing detrimental, only how wonderful they are.

Apparently, that was not political.

And yes, I would make a stink, but it isn't worth it. The teacher is fond of my son and I am sure he would pay a price of some type if I were to voice my opinion.

-Donna
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us