The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Gross Proceeds (1099-B) help Date:  2/13/2013  11:05 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  117755 of 127613

One year I realized that I had missed a small 1099 for the previous tax year. I decided that the penalty on underpayment of less than $10 in taxes wasn't worth the effort of filing an amended return, and I decided to wait for the IRS to notify me of the mistake.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us