The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotwhen-i-lived-in-cleveland-there-was-this-30541516.aspx

Subject:  Re: Paula Priesse on Pope Resignation Date:  2/14/2013  12:12 AM
Author:  Art53 Number:  671524 of 756935

"When I lived in Cleveland, there was this one gay priest from a very prominent local church who was notorious for hanging out in parks and picking up guys for sex. I don't know if any of his parishioners knew about it, but the entire gay male community sure did." - andrew
----------------------------------------------

My friend who is gay had a friend in New York who was a school teacher who only had sex with priests. That is what he liked, priests. I guess it was sort of like a fetish or something?

I suppose back in the olden days when being gay was considered to be a really bad thing the priesthood was a place where you could hide out and not get married and your non-married status would be accepted - and in fact people would treat you with respect and honor because you were a priest, even though you became a priest because you had no interest in being with a woman.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us