The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Gross Proceeds (1099-B) help Date:  2/14/2013  12:52 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  117761 of 127616

Currently I will get a refund from my NC return, but I don't know how to figure out the effect of the $55 added income/proceeds unless I 'amend' or rerun the return through TT and then rerun the state portion

Look at your state return. I don't know about NC, but if it's like most states it starts with Federal AGI and then makes adjustments to that number. If NC works that way and doesn't make any changes regarding capital gains, an amended Federal wouldn't change your NC.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us