The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-to-everyone-for-replying-i-guess-i-have-a-30541619.aspx

Subject:  Re: OT: Savings for about 1 year. Date:  2/14/2013  4:18 AM
Author:  dozer183e Number:  71392 of 75642

Thanks to everyone for replying. I guess I have a fall back if the funds aren't there, or I could just take the loss and use emergency funds if the $10,000 shrinks. So I guess now the question becomes one of my risk tolerance.

This actually does help me think through this even though I would not have ever recommended anyone put money they need in one year into something that 'could' have a negative return.

My situation is blurred in my eyes because even though I will "need" to spend the money in one year, I am aggressively saving every month for other long term goals and "could" put that money into a MMA and draw from that if needed, leaving the other funds in the mutual fund for a longer term to hopefully rebound. I am not sure if that is making sense, but I guess it is sort of a shell game with the funds...

dozer
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us