The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotwell-im-not-confident-in-the-govt-in-30543144.aspx

Subject:  Re: where old race horses go Date:  2/14/2013  6:54 PM
Author:  Art53 Number:  671584 of 744175

"well I'm not confident in the govt in anything artimus......
I'd never heard of DNA testing on meat before.....wonder if OUR govt does that?" - luckydog

--------------------

Luckydog, it's not necessary. We are talking millions of tons of product here. Not just a few birds. They probably kill a million turkeys a week that get deboned and ground up into all kinds of products, balogna, salamis, sausage, etc.

It's a huge huge huge business. Can you imagine someone bothering to introduce some other product into that? It would cost more than just going ahead and using the deboned turkey meat.

The same is true with the whole meat business in the United States. It's a huge huge huge business with millions of tons of product being formed and made every week.

These plants are huge and everything is all stainless steel, washed with high pressure washers, special impenetrable walls, special equipment, etc. The people working there wear special suits, masks and gloves.

We're not talking little mom and pop stuff here anymore. Those days are gone forever. Every single plant has USDA inspectors stationed at every stage of the game. Every single batch of product has to be accounted for. They snow the owners of those plants under with paperwork they have to fill out to account for everything.

Trust me, when you buy product at the grocery store now it comes from huge conglomerates that don't have time for silly penney-antey games. It's big business.

Art
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us