The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Illinois Taxes Date:  2/14/2013  10:09 PM
Author:  bigdan195 Number:  117775 of 127549

I am helping my daughter do her taxes. No issues with Federal. However, for State of Illinois, she received a check for $62 from State of Illinois. Received it in March, 2012. It was her Illinois income tax refund check for 2011. My issue: where do you declare that income on 2012 Form IL 1040? Only thing I can figure is Line 3 and use Schedule M. Any and all input is appreciated. This is her second year of working and last March was her first refund check.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us