The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-the-hell-happened-to-america-why-are-people-30543485.aspx

Subject:  Re: Guess Who's Back? Date:  2/14/2013  10:50 PM
Author:  JediGALT Number:  671599 of 737513

What the hell happened to America. Why are people so green with envy.

When we were kids my Dad was a middle manager at a company, and I think he probably made around $40k per year. Anyway if there was a business trip to somewhere fun, once a year we'd join him....he'd pay the airfare and the company would of course be paying for the room. (Parents in bed, kids on the floor on spare blankets). Of course they'd sit thru a time-share pitch to score us free Disney tickets but I digress.

I remember at least a few times we'd be boarding the plane and of coure, 1st class passengers would already be sitting, relaxing. My Dad would always show me and lecture us.... "notice how those people are reading books and newspapers?" and during the flight we'd be told that if we worked, read books, and did smart things...well maybe then we could grow up and sit up there if we wanted.

No envy of achievement.

I'm so glad i grew up in America.

And I hate that the Left has destroyed America. They've hurt America more than Al Qaeda EVER could. Al Qaeda merely wants us out of the Middle East.

The LEft wants America out of America.

JediG
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us