The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: bought forest property Date:  2/15/2013  9:47 AM
Author:  4thebird Number:  117784 of 127616

The tax information for forestry stuff is hard to come by. The Form T is a good start, along with Publications 225 (Farmer's Tax Guide) and 535 (Business Expenses). You will need to read very carefully, as much of the information will appear to be contradictory initially.

great stuff thanks.

I bought this land up to speed here I can do it there. just on a bigger scale. actually the whole property would make a great sand and gravel pit. so I have my work cut out for me. there are even unusual places where you can stand on roots of yellow birch that have grown into basket size rocks. under all this you can feel and hear water flowing under that. real cool. makes me sad the loggers cut the trees and left the stumps.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us