The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/read-this-article-to-see-what-cost-cutting-on-30544363.aspx

Subject:  Re: Berkshire buys Heinz Date:  2/15/2013  1:02 PM
Author:  JeanDavid Number:  198672 of 211788

Read this article to see what cost cutting on ingredients and brewing foreign beers in the USA have done to inconic brands over here. If these clowns get a hold of total ownership of Corona, you can kiss that one goodbye too.

I am not a connoisseur of beer; one might even infer I do not like it, and that is pretty much true. When it was imported from Germany, I liked Löwenbräu Dark beer. After some years, it might have been Budweiser. The owner of the restaurant where I used to drink it said it was then being manufactured in the Budweiser plant near Newark, NJ. I Switched to Beck's Dark and, while not as good as the old Löwenbräu, it was drinkable. Then it turned bad too. I pretty much gave up on beer in USA after that, though I had some almost custom made beer from a very small brewery some years ago that was very interesting -- a slight coffee aftertaste. I would not want it for every day though. When in Europe, I like the Belgian Duvel, but I have never seen it where I live. That is the one beer to have when you are having only one. One is enough at one sitting (alcohol content around 8%).
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us