The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-would-never-drink-bud-or-bud-light-nor-corona-30544373.aspx

Subject:  Re: Berkshire buys Heinz Date:  2/15/2013  1:10 PM
Author:  JeanDavid Number:  198673 of 211783

I would never drink Bud or Bud Light, nor Corona, and have a hard time thinking what there is to destroy in such insipid beers.

A coupla decades ago, I was sitting at a bar at a restaurant I frequented. It did a lot of business: two bartenders during the week, and sometimes three on weekends. I knew them.

I was drinking black russians after dinner in those days. So I got one and it tasted funny -- as in I was not going to finish it. The bartender said, no problem, and mixed me another. It was bad too. I suggested he try some of the Kahlua, in case I was getting sick and my taster was off. He got the other open bottle and made me one from that. Same problem. These bottles were about half empty. So he went in the back room, got a bottle from a new, unopened case and mixed me yet another. Bad too. At that point, he tried a sip, remarked, "30 weight". It turned out two cases of the stuff were bad. Incredulous, I asked, did not the other customers complain? He remarked that many customers are pigs and do not know good from bad. I guess so, though it is unfair to malign barnyard animals that way.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us