The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: More 1099 issues Date:  2/15/2013  2:10 PM
Author:  pinw Number:  117789 of 127753

You're pulling our leg here, right?

You realize you are talking about a *maximum* tax increase of a dollar for each of those years. (Except the $55, that could be more.)

If you are serious, have a drink, or several. Smoke something if it is legal in your state. Maybe a rx for Valium? Chillax.

Fuggetabutit. Go live life. If the IRS sends you a bill for a few bucks, pay it. Buy the person behind you in line a latte or something.

This is way too much angst over something that amounts to a rounding error, if that.

In case I haven't been clear, do not contact the IRS, do not hire an accountant for this, do not amend any return. IGNORE IT ALL! Move on and file correctly in the future.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us