The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quot-i-do-have-to-admit-that-i-was-30545334.aspx

Subject:  Re: Worth reading again and again Date:  2/15/2013  10:49 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  671732 of 757896

"
I do have to admit that I was "riveted" by today's coverage of that meteor that blew up over Russia, blinding drivers on the expressways and blowing out windows many miles away. It made me catch my breath, and that's not easy to do nowadays. "

- - - - -

A million square meters of glass blown out....tens of thousands of windows....some doors just blown in, too.....one building blown apart.....

schools wrecked....

The Paul Krugmans will be delighted (or is that de-lighted) that so much 'stimulus' is occurring in Russia...... he's a fan of the breaking windows theory of stimulating the economy...... you know, you go around breaking windows and that is good because it 'stimulates' business...folks have to spend money to repair windows, insurance companies pay off and the money is spent..... (duh!..typical Keynesian lib progressive).... of course, the overall wealth goes down because people have to dig into their savings to pay for it..but heck, to a Keynesian.......taking that 'wealth' and converting it to economic activity is 'good'. Duh!.....

traffic accidents are so horrific and frequent that loads of soviet drivers have 'dash cams'...... and those caught the meteor from many angles..along with security cameras...at least 10 times the hiroshima bomb power.....but of course, no heat......near the ground..it was 10,000 feet up......

t.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us