The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-ive-just-been-damned-with-faint-praise-30545726.aspx

Subject:  Re: Guess Who's Back? Date:  2/16/2013  10:00 AM
Author:  lowstudent Number:  671759 of 740393

I think I've just been damned with faint praise. ;-)

Not in the least CC

I did not address your argument in any way.

I happen to have a daughter working her way toward becoming a scientist in the BioChem area and have a Scientist (level 2<grin>) working in private industry doing research, both believe in God and practice Catholicism, and you can have a quite interesting conversation regarding religion with those who have practiced it, live it, and understand the psychology as well as the mechanics.

Now I have my personal problems with Catholicism, but raised my daughter Catholic, she knows far more of the church than I do, her education regarding the church was very strong, and she sees flaws, but follows their doctrine. She was never pressured to be a religious person but was raised in a household where her mom and dad believed in God(though we did it differently)

anyway, yes there are folks in EVERY walk of life, from the most to least educated on all sides of the God question. Only arrogant putzes believe otherwise IMO
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us