The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-for-carnival-sounds-like-the-ships-staff-30547142.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cruise Ship Date:  2/17/2013  12:13 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  18233 of 19257

As for Carnival? Sounds like the ship's staff tried their best, but where was Carnival's backup generator or whatever?

I hope Carnival's greedy, uncaring executives get sued to their teeth.

Yes, I can just see those monsters at corporate HQ.

Monster 1: "Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's blow up an engine room and strand a ship in the middle of nowhere."

Monster 2: "Why didn't I think of that?"

The ship never lost emergency power, but you've evidently never experienced emergency power conditions. It's probably just as well that you prefer to stay home if you expect all travel experiences to be pleasant. Although there does seem to be one category of cruisers who seem to get their greatest pleasure from complaining about things. You can spot them because it's always something along the line of "The same thing happened to us..., but even worse was...."

I rode Amtrack back and forth between DC and NYC at least monthly for 5 years, almost always on time and without incident. I rode Amtrack once from Boston to NYC, and we broke down for a couple of hours just after leaving New Haven. But hey, it was the day before the Westminster started, and the train was full of dogs. It was two of the most fun hours I've ever spent on a train.

I can't think of anyone in my life who hasn't landed a bag of lemons at some time. What you choose to do with them is up to you.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us