The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ltim-a-bit-leery-about-leaving-the-low-price-30547477.aspx

Subject:  Re: Detailed Ford Presentation Date:  2/17/2013  5:26 PM
Author:  SkepikI Number:  17425 of 18154

<I'm a bit leery about leaving the low price market with the end of the Ranger, but it's certainly nice that Ford is picking up so many sales at the high end.>

There is no doubt the Ranger is/was a good vehicle. My 97 Ranger beater with 127,000 looks like hell but keeps going...my only Ford. As does my brothers 95 at 225,000. I dont know what F makes on such a vehicle, BUT giving up cheap low margins for spendy in demand high margin trucks? Seems like a shareholders dream. The Ranger used market will be lasting a long time for those who need small and cheap and nothing is cheaper than a used truck that lasts a long time. Likely a market F can be rewarded for ignoring as long as they are filling high demand elsewhere profitably. These are the kind of management decisions that give me hope and keep me long F.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us