The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks F / Ford Motor Company

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/whats-the-point-does-f-really-make-much-on-small-30548357.aspx

Subject:  Re: Small Pickup Revisited Date:  2/18/2013  11:39 AM
Author:  SkepikI Number:  17426 of 17992

What's the point? Does F really make much on small pickups? (I really have no idea) There was a time when the small pickup was the second car for many that used to own a big pickup for farm, small business but thought they couldn't afford it anymore... really an outgrowth of the first gas crisis, I think. But if you have really efficient vehicles that can tow, a trailer is a much better solution than a "small pickup" (sort of an oxymoron ha). A new Explorer or even Escape that can tow 4000 (not 3000) lbs would be a winner over a small pickup in my book...of course I am not the market. If Ford captures the upper end of the market, with the fattest margin and leaves little to the lame, maybe that's a good thing. BTW it did not escape my notice that in the last few years Toyota went BIGGER.... I am thinking that says something about the market.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us