The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Filing for a minor Date:  2/18/2013  1:21 PM
Author:  KLTolly Number:  117820 of 123001

OK, so much for posting from memory without last year's return in front of me. My apologies for misstating the situation.

Given the multiple unusual items for 2011, we had a CPA prepare them. We did claim him as a deduction on the parent return. We had to have a separate return filed for him, as he received more than 10 years of SS benefits in 2011. (His dad became disabled when he was an infa