The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Filing for a minor Date:  2/18/2013  2:35 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  117823 of 127549

So, with that stated, can I include him (and his income) on my return this year

My apologies if you're already aware of this, but I'm surprised to find that many parents aren't. Although your son's SS benefits are paid to a parent as trustee, the 1099-SSA shows your son's SSN, and these benefits are not included on the parents' return.

Rule Your Retirement Home Fool
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us