The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-was-stunned-when-she-told-me-she-couldnt-30555409.aspx

Subject:  Re: Why women talk talk talk all day Date:  2/21/2013  7:48 PM
Author:  LuckyDog2002 Number:  672582 of 743908

I was stunned when she told me she couldn't change, it was the way she was and that was that. Gah!

She was honest. You should give her credit for that.
vkg

>>>>>
yeah she was honest and it was an either or thing and there was no question in my mind that the relationship was over right then and there. There was no discussion, no compromise...no nothing. I was shocked but relieved. She had some nice qualities, nurturing and loving, smothering to a certain extent which I didn't like but she loved dogs. She was broke though, talked too much, way too short for me but she did like to dance. There were other things of course but you know it's bad if you cringe before going over to see someone. :)

She was very adult about the whole thing however and said this is what dating is all about, getting to see if the other is compatible and share enough interests for a relationship. I should look her up to see if she's still in town. This was way back in the mid-90's.

LD
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us